Originally many of us thought that it was only racehorses who got ulcers, but as more and more of our pleasure horses are being diagnosed, horse owners are realising that it is something we all need to be looking out for!
In this episode Liz Somerville and Jenny Croft MRCVS discuss EGUS, answering the questions horse owners have about Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome:
- What is Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome?
- How likely is it that my horse might have ulcers?
- What are the signs and symptoms of ulcers in horses?
- Why do horses get ulcers?
- How do you diagnose ulcers in horses?
- How do you treat ulcers in horses?
- How do I prevent my horse from getting ulcers?
At Loch Leven Equine Practice we are able to carry out Gastroscopes both at our practice or at your own yard.