Routine Dental Examinations
Equine dentistry has evolved rapidly from just rasping teeth and our team of experienced equine vets have all undertaken further training to ensure that we are providing a thorough and detailed examination as well as the necessary teeth rasping.
Our routine dental examination includes:
1. Thorough assessment of all teeth and oral soft tissue with the aid of dental mirrors and picks
2. Rasping - careful reduction of sharp points and balancing of arcades
3. Identification of abnormalities - for example cavities, fractured teeth and abnormal spaces between teeth
Watch a detailed dental examination here
We advise every horse should have a dental examination every 6 -12 months. Many minor problems can be corrected immediately or we may advise corrective or advanced treatments to prevent more serious problems developing.
Monthly Dental Clinics
These are held at the clinic and all horses, ponies and donkeys are welcome!
The clinic includes:
- A dental examination and floating
- FREE oral camera (oroscope) exam
- Sedation included
Cost is £65 (inc VAT)
Advanced Dental Services
In addition to our routine dental service offered by our experienced equine vets, we also offer a number of advanced dental procedures, which are led by Jane Haden BVM&S.
Our advanced dental procedures include:
- Advanced Diagnostics
- Oral Video Endoscopy
- Occlusal Equilibration
- Digital Radiography
- Periodontal Therapy
- Restorative Dentistry
- Oral Extractions done under standing sedation
- Surgical Extractions
- Fracture Repair
We work alongside regular visiting Equine Dental Specialist Chris Pearce BVSc CertEM(IntMed) CertES(SoftTissue) Dipl.EVDC(Equine) BAEDT MRCVS to offer your horse the best treatment possible.
For advice, case referral or to make an appointment, please call us on 01577 841010