At Loch Leven Equine Practice our team of experienced equine vets offer surgery 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our Hospital Facilities mean that we can offer a wide range of procedures under standing sedation and general anaesthetic, giving you peace of mind that your horse is receiving the best possible care.
The procedures include:
- Septic joints, tendon sheaths and bursae (including navicular bursa)
- OCD chips
- Stifle, fetlock, coffin, tarsal, carpal joint arthroscopy
- Tendon sheath (including Annular Ligament Desmotomy)
- Navicular Bursoscopy
- Closed Castration
- Sarcoids (‘SMART’ surgery)
- Hernia Repair
- Check Ligament Desmotomy
- Periosteal Strip and physeal stimulation
- Penile amputation and urethrotomy
- Lateral Plantar Neurectomy and Fasciotomy
- Palmar Digital Neurectomy
- Ruptured Bladder in foals
- Splint bone amputation
We also work with a visiting Specialist Surgeon (Geoff Lane) to provide ‘wind’ surgery, including Tie-Backs, Tie-Forwards and Hob-Days.
Currently we don’t accept referrals for Colic surgery.
We offer a number of surgical procedures under standing sedation:
- Sinus Endoscopy
- Sinus Surgery (bone flaps)
- Kissing spines – interspinous ligament desmotomy and DSP Resection
- Pedal bone resection – Sepsis and Keratoma
- Molar Extractions
- Diastema flushing and widening
- Liver Biopsy
- Laser surgery for removal of sarcoids
Should you require any other procedures or services please do not hesitate to call our team on 01577 841010 and discuss your requirements.
If you would like to refer a client please visit our Referring Vets page.