In this episode Liz Somerville and Jenny Croft MRCVS chat about how strangles is spread, the signs and symptoms to look out for, what to do if there is an outbreak on your yard and how to minimise the risk of your horse contracting strangles.
Strangles is highly infectious and needs to be managed extremely carefully to make sure that we limit the spread and get the all clear for the yard as quickly as possible.
Whilst it is incredibly frustrating for other liveries, thankfully more and more yards are realising how important it is to both shut the yard down completely as well as be open and honest on social media about the outbreak.
Listen to the podcast to find out everything you need to know about Strangles:
- What is strangles?
- What are the signs and symptoms of strangles?
- How is strangles spread?
- How long can the strangles bacteria survive?
- How do you diagnose strangles?
- How do you treat strangles?
- What to do in a strangles outbreak?
- How to reduce the risk of strangles