In 2019 at Loch Leven Equine Practice 1 in 5 of all the horses put to sleep was down to laminitis. This figure has almost doubled from the previous year which is a scary statistic.
In this podcast Jane Haden MRCVS joins Liz Somerville to chat through how owners can objectively assess whether their horse is over weight, and discusses some of the ways to get your horse to lose weight.
- What are so many horses overweight in the UK?
- How should I assess my horse’s weight?
- How can I help my horse lose weight?
- How to manage horse’s hay
- How much exercise should my horse get to lose weight?
- Measuring horse’s weight