LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT? INDEPENDENT EQUINE PRACTICE - SCOTLAND
Beautiful location. Four day week. Tight-knit, family-run team. Room to grow with experienced certificate holders for mentors and fantastic facilities.
There are so many reasons to make Loch Leven the next step in your veterinary career, we don’t know which to mention first.
We’re looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic equine vet to join our team in central Scotland. We understand how difficult the industry is at the moment, and we think we offer the antidote, a chance to fall back in love with being a vet.
We are proud to be an independent practice, enabling us to focus on what we think is important: creating a working environment that our team are happy to be in. We prioritise work/life balance and encourage our vets, nurses and support team to do what makes them happy.
That means that we put travel time and lunch breaks in the diary – with home cooked food provided if you’re in practice, including our founder Hugh’s fresh baked bread.
It means weekly breakfast meetings for vets to share cases, present papers and learn together, monthly M&Ms and our full support to pursue further qualifications and certificates.
It means that we’re open to negotiation with working hours, salary and relocation packages, to ensure that we don’t just get the right person, but empower them to thrive.
- Salary range from £37k-£50k, with room to negotiate.
- Four day working week, 8am-6pm as standard but open to flexible working. Contracted as one weekend in six and one weeknight in six on call but normally 1:7
- Out of hours bonus.
- Unlimited CPD budget to include fully funded certificates and five days.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays to start, but with an extra day accrued for every year worked here to a limit of 35.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- RCVS, BEVA & BVA membership
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Work van, mobile phone and iPad provided.
- A team player who is excited to embrace being a part of our high quality, supportive and close-knit team.
- Enthusiastic about delivering outstanding care to our clients and patients.
- Someone who shares our values: integrity, trust, care and compassion, fun & teamwork, and who is open and willing to learn and develop both their clinical and people skills.
- Experienced with a minimum of 4 years in equine practice.
- Confident to do anaesthetics would be a bonus although we can provide training.
- We do a lot of teeth so you must be confident and willing to do plenty of routine dentals. An interest in advanced dentistry would be even better!